Big C Supercenter operates business in the form of "Hypermarket" or "Supercenter", one of the major retailers in the world. On April 2016, Big C Supercenter chain was taken-over successful and legally by Central Group Thailand as an international transfer agreement with France's Casino Group. Central Group, which is the leading retailer in the region, was established in 1947 from a small shop in Bangkok and operated by Mr. Tiang Chirathivat’s family. In 70 years of development, the Group is still owned by the Chirathivat family. Central Group started to invest in Vietnam from 2011 from the cooperation with local partners such as Nguyen Kim, Lan Chi Mart and most recently Zalora and Big C
« Big C » means "Large" in Vietnamese, reflects the two most important elements of the business and strategies for success:
« Big » refers to the large size of our stores and the wide selection of merchandise we offer.
« C » is the abbreviation of the word "Customer" (English), means “Client" in Vietnamese. It refers to our loyal customers, who are the key to the success of our business.C currently stocks over 40,000 items to meet every customer's needs.
With more than 8.000 staffs, Big C offers a clean, comfortable shopping environment with a wide assortment of goods available at reasonable prices and provides an outstanding customer service in order to ensure the winning business strategy. Additionally, Big C provides a one-stop shopping experience to our customers with a wide range of useful services at all stores.
Big C Supercenter
At Big C, the majority of the space is devoted to the sale of consumer goods at low prices and good quality. Products available in a Big C store can be divided into 5 main categories, as follows:
- Fresh Food: meats, seafood, fresh fruits and vegetables, delicatessen, frozen food, dairy products, bakery.
- Dry Food: seasonings and condiments, beverages, soft drinks, liquor, snacks, personal stuffs, cleaning products, pet food and accessories.
- Clothing and Accessories: men’s, women’s, children’s and infant’s clothing as well as shoes and handbags.
- Electric Appliances: a wide range of electric appliances including fridge, washing machine, air conditioner, kitchen appliances, home entertainment equipment, computers and IT equipment.
- Home Décor and Accessories: furniture, kitchenware, plastic storage items and utensils, decorative items, home improvement, maintenance tools and supplies, automobile and motorcycle accessories, sporting goods and toys.
Big C Shopping mall
Big C Shopping mall provides rental space located both inside and outside of Big C building to let the entrepreneurs do business within Big C. Nonetheless, goods and services providing must be different from the goods sold in Big C. Therefore, customers visiting Big C could find a great range of products and services available at a single destination, enhancing the overall shopping experience. Most of the operators that lease space at Big C Shopping mall can be divided into 4 main categories:
- Food and Beverage: restaurants, franchises food outlets, food court
- Entertainment: cinemas, karaoke booths and kid’s play ground.
- Specialty Stores: book shops, fashion boutiques, electronics shops, mobile phone shops.
- Services: ATM...
Towards sustainable development
Become the reference and be the best retailer to satisfy our customers